A “harsh revenge” for the assassination of General Qasem Soleimani will be taken definitely, the deputy commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps’ Quds Force said.
General Mohammad Hejazi also pointed to the recent remarks of the Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei about the “slaps” the US received from Iran so far for the assassination, and who vowed that “it will get two more slaps in future”.
“The massive funerals for martyrs Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and the retaliatory missile attack on the US military base of Ain al-Assad were the two slaps that the US received from Iran,” the general said, saying the next two slaps are the US declining influence in the region and the expulsion of American forces from the region, Tasnim News Agency reported.
“Those are only slaps, while the harsh revenge will be taken,” Hejazi stressed.
In a recent meeting with the family of General Soleimani, Ayatollah Khamenei underlined that the “revenge will be taken on those who ordered the murder and those who carried it out”.
On Jan. 3, a US drone strike near Baghdad airport assassinated General Soleimani, which also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the second-in-command of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Units.