A Closer Look At The Sixth Seal (Revelation 6:12)

A Look at the Tri-State’s Active Fault Line

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Ramapo Fault is the longest fault in the Northeast that occasionally makes local headlines when minor tremors cause rock the Tri-State region. It begins in Pennsylvania, crosses the Delaware River and continues through Hunterdon, Somerset, Morris, Passaic and Bergen counties before crossing the Hudson River near Indian Point nuclear facility.

In the past, it has generated occasional activity that generated a 2.6 magnitude quake in New Jersey’s Peakpack/Gladstone area and 3.0 magnitude quake in Mendham.

“There is occasional seismic activity in New Jersey,” said Robinson. “There have been a few quakes locally that have been felt and done a little bit of damage over the time since colonial settlement — some chimneys knocked down in Manhattan with a quake back in the 18th century, but nothing of a significant magnitude.”

Robinson said the Ramapo has on occasion registered a measurable quake but has not caused damage: “The Ramapo fault is associated with geological activities back 200 million years ago, but it’s still a little creaky now and again,” he said.

“More recently, in the 1970s and early 1980s, earthquake risk along the Ramapo Fault received attention because of its proximity to Indian Point,” according to the New Jersey Geological Survey website.

Historically, critics of the Indian Point Nuclear facility in Westchester County, New York, did cite its proximity to the Ramapo fault line as a significant risk.

“Subsequent investigations have shown the 1884 Earthquake epicenter was actually located in Brooklyn, New York, at least 25 miles from the Ramapo Fault,” according to the New Jersey Geological Survey website.

More Chaos in Kashmir (Revelation 8 )

In disputed Kashmir, Pakistan accuses India of increased shelling

Thomson ReutersJul 23, 2020 6:52 AM

The Mighty 790 KFGO | KFGO

By Charlotte Greenfield

CHIRIKOT SECTOR, Pakistan (Reuters) – Pakistan’s military this week said there had been an escalation in firing and shelling across the de facto border that separates Pakistani and Indian-controlled Kashmir, at a time of heightened diplomatic tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

Major General Amer Ahsan Nawaz, the commander of Pakistani troops in Kashmir, accused the Indian military of trying to distract attention from unrest in its part of Kashmir.

“If you compare it to the past years, there is a definite increase in this year,” he told reporters on Wednesday near the so-called Line of Control (Loc), across which the two sides’ militaries have faced off for decades.

The Muslim-majority Himalayan region has been at the heart of more than 70 years of animosity since the partition of British-ruled India into Muslim Pakistan and majority Hindu India in 1947. Two of the three wars they have fought since have been over Kashmir.

Pakistan’s military said that in 2019, when ceasefire violations hit a more than decade-high peak, there were just over 3,500 incidents. Already in 2020 there have been almost 1,800 violations, the Pakistan military said, adding that the surge during the more volatile summer season since June had been more pronounced than in previous years.

Indian army spokesman Colonel Aman Anand rejected Pakistan’s allegations, saying Pakistan’s military had violated the ceasefire on more than 2,500 occasions this year.

Tensions were exacerbated last year when India revoked the autonomy of its portion of Kashmir. In recent months the diplomatic relationship has worsened further as Delhi and Islamabad each ejected half of its neighbour’s diplomats.

On Pakistan’s side of Kashmir, which is relatively heavily populated close to the LoC, locals said that shelling or firing was becoming a near-daily occurrence.

“It can start any time day or night,” said Malik Mohammad Ayub, a local deputy commissioner, who said around four civilians were killed and 13 wounded in his district since he took the job four months ago.

Faiza Shabbir, 12, said she and her sisters had been afraid when shelling began in their area earlier this month.

“Firing was going on, so we hid in our house, then a shell hit our roof. Three of us sisters and our grandmother were injured,” she said, adding that had spent four days in hospital being treated for shrapnel wounds.

(Reporting by Charlotte Greenfield; Additional reporting by Sanjeev Miglani; Editing by Alex Richardson)

Babylon the Great accuses Russia of launching new space weapon

US and UK accuse Russia of launching new space weapon

By Ryan Browne, CNN

Updated 5:35 PM EDT, Thu July 23, 2020

(CNN) — The US and UK militaries on Thursday accused Russia of conducting a space-based anti-satellite weapons test earlier this month, saying that a Russian satellite released an object capable of targeting a satellite.

It’s the first time the US has accused Moscow of testing such a weapon.

“U.S. Space Command has evidence that Russia conducted a non-destructive test of a space-based anti-satellite weapon,” the command said in a statement, saying that on July 15, Russia “injected a new object into orbit from Cosmos 2543,” a Russian satellite that has been in orbit since 2019.

The statement added that the new “object” was released in proximity to another Russian satellite, activity that the command said was “inconsistent with the system’s stated mission as an inspector satellite.”

US works to bolster Ukraine’s Navy to confront Russian threat

“Actions of this kind threaten the peaceful use of space and risk causing debris that could pose a threat to satellites and the space systems on which the world depends. We call on Russia to avoid any further such testing,” Air Vice Marshal Harvey Smyth, head of the UK’s Space Directorate said in a statement.

The accusation comes amid heightened tensions between Washington and Moscow over a range of issues. In recent days the US has accused Russia of a wide range of activities, including cyber-attacks on organizations involved in coronavirus vaccine development, human rights abuses, and using Russian mercenaries to destabilize Libya. Reports that Russian operatives offered cash incentives to Taliban-linked militants to target US troops in Afghanistan have further highlighted the tense relationship.

While the US has previously accused Moscow of testing anti-satellite weapons this is the first time the US has publicly accused Russia of testing an “on orbit” weapon, that is a weapon that is based in space.

State-backed hackers behind wave of cyberattacks targeting coronavirus response, US and UK warn

“The Russian satellite system used to conduct this on-orbit weapons test is the same satellite system that we raised concerns about earlier this year, when Russia maneuvered near a U.S. government satellite,” Gen. John W. “Jay” Raymond, Commander of US Space Command and US Space Force Chief of Space Operations said in a statement.

“This is further evidence of Russia’s continuing efforts to develop and test space-based systems, and consistent with the Kremlin’s published military doctrine to employ weapons that hold US and allied space assets at risk,” he added.

The US also accused Russia of conducting an anti-satellite missile test in April.

Russian and Chinese anti-satellite weapons were cited as one of the reasons why the US needed a military branch focused on space, prompting the creation of the Space Force which Raymond now leads.

US satellites play a critical role in everything from navigation, weapons targeting and intelligence gathering, including keeping tabs on North Korea’s nuclear weapons program and monitoring Russian and Chinese military activity, and there is concern about Beijing and Moscow’s growing ability to target satellites.

US move to shut China’s Houston consulate draws questions about political motives

Days prior to the new Russian space-based weapons test the State Department said that it was planning on holding a “Space Security Exchange” meeting with Russian representatives at the end of this month, saying that Christopher Ford, the US Assistant Secretary of State currently performing the duties of the Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security, had finalized the details of the meeting with the Russian ambassador.

Ford slammed the weapons test in a statement Thursday, saying “This event highlights Russia’s hypocritical advocacy of outer space arms control, with which Moscow aims to restrict the capabilities of the United States while clearly having no intention of halting its own counterspace program – both ground-based anti-satellite capabilities and what would appear to be actual in-orbit anti-satellite weaponry.”

IRGC finds ‘identified person responsible’ for explosion at nuclear facility

IRGC ‘identified person responsible’ for explosion at nuclear facility: media

2020-07-23

Archived photo of the Natanz Nuclear Facility in Iran.

BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:00 P.M.) – A Persian-language news site stated on Thursday that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards obtained information identifying the person who caused the explosion at the Natanz nuclear facility on July 2nd.

According to the news site “Iran Watch”, “Ershad Karimi, who was a contractor for many years and responsible for launching the uranium enrichment course at the Natanz nuclear plant in the central Isfahan province, is the person involved in the bombing.”

The news site said that “Ershad Karimi detonated the centrifuge hall with his team, and caused great damage to the country’s nuclear industry as well as the prestige of the system,” noting that “Karimi was supported by the Isfahan Intelligence Agency to work as a contractor at the Natanz nuclear plant.”

A member of the National Security and Foreign Policy Committee of the Iranian parliament, Deputy Jawad Karimi Qadousi, revealed the cause of the explosion of the Natanz nuclear site.

The Iranian media quoted Qadousi as saying that “our final conclusion is that the security breach and the crossing of security barriers caused the Natanz incident.”

Qadousi, who had previously visited the Natanz site with other members of the National Security and Foreign Policy Committee of the Iranian parliament, denied the existence of a “suspicious object that hit the site from outside the facility”, saying that “if the targeting was from outside the site, there would be residual pieces, but investigations did not show There is absolutely nothing.”

The American newspaper “New York Times” quoted two American intelligence officials as saying that “renovating the facility to restore the Iranian nuclear program to what it was before the explosion, may take two years,” expecting that the bombing took place through an explosive device or via an electronic attack.

The newspaper said, “Western officials expect some kind of retaliation from Iran for the bombing, which may be by targeting American forces in Iraq, or through electronic attacks, or by targeting vital facilities such as the American financial institution or the Israeli water supply system.”

The Iranian authorities have yet to comment on these claims.

Iran threatens ‘harsher revenge’ against Babylon the Great

Iran threatens ‘harsher revenge’ against US for death of Soleimani

July 23, 2020

Iran leaders say they are “avengers of blood” and “will definitely deal the counterblow to the Americans” who assassinated top general.

By Paul Shindman, World Israel News

Iranian officials said “harsher revenge awaits the perpetrators” of the attack in which a top Iranian general was killed in January by an American drone-strike, the country’s state-run Press TV reported Wednesday.

Iranian General Qassem Soleimani and several associates were killed in January when the car they were in was hit by a U.S. missile near Baghdad’s international airport.

Soleimani was a powerful figure who spread Iranian influence throughout the region by helping form the governments of Yemen, Iraq and Lebanon, saving Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad from being defeated and inserting Iranian-backed forces and influence from Afghanistan to the Gaza Strip.

Ali Shamkhani, secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, said that President Donald Trump admitted he gave the order and “committed the crime of assassinating General Soleimani” along with a senior Iraqi militia leader, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.

The two Iranian and Iraqi nations are avengers of blood of these martyrs and will not rest until they punish the perpetrators,” Shamkhani tweeted. “Harsher revenge is on the way.”

In retaliation for the attack, Iran fired several ballistic missiles a U.S. base in Iraq on January 8 and claimed 80 American soldiers had been killed. The Americans initially said nobody was injured, but later admitted that dozens of soldiers suffered “traumatic brain injuries” from the blasts.

Iran also issued an arrest warrant and asked Interpol for help in detaining Trump, who ordered the assassination, and several other U.S. military and political leaders behind the strike, Press TV reported.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran will never forget this issue and will definitely deal the counterblow to the Americans,” Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said in a meeting with visiting Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi in Tehran.

“They killed your guest at your own home and unequivocally admitted the atrocity. This is no small matter,” Khamenei told the Iraqi leader.

Last month, a senior American general said the elimination of Soleimani has had a “significant effect” in deterring the Iranian threat.

“I think that has had a significant effect in establishing and reestablishing a rough form of deterrence in the theater,” said Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, head of the U.S. Central Command.

Nonetheless, the Islamic Republic is still considered the greatest danger in the Middle East

Hamas tests rockets to warn Israel outside the Temple Walls (Revelation 11)

Hamas tests rockets to warn Israel over annexation plan

Gaza’s Hamas rulers fired a volley of rockets into the sea Wednesday in a warning to Israel not to annex part of the West Bank, sources in the Islamist organisation told AFP.

The showcase launch of about 20 test rockets from the coastal Palestinian territory came as thousands of people in Gaza City answered Hamas calls for street protests.

Last week the group said that should Israel go ahead with annexation, as provided for in a US peace plan, it would amount to a “declaration of war” against Palestinians.

Benjamin Netanyahu’s centre-right coalition government had set July 1 as the date from which it could begin implementing US President Donald Trump’s Middle East peace proposal.

But there was no announcement by Wednesday afternoon and none scheduled.

The Gaza protesters brandished Palestinian flags and placards condemning Trump, while calling for Hamas to take up arms against Israel.

“The resistance must be revived,” demonstrator Rafeeq Inaiah told AFP. “Israel is afraid of force.”

Others held signs reading “No to annexation” and “Palestinian lives matter”, referencing the US-born antiracist movement “Black lives matter”, AFP journalists at the scene said.

Demonstrations were also building in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

In the ancient Jordan Valley city of Jericho, a small number of Palestinian protesters were joined by retired left-wing Israeli politicians, among them Ophir Pines-Paz, a former Labour party interior minister.

“We want to affirm our support for peace,” he said. “Netanyahu and his annexation project must be stopped.”

The Trump plan, unveiled in January, offered a path for Israel to annex territory and Jewish West Bank settlements, communities considered illegal under international law.

Hamas, which in 2007 took control of the narrow strip on the shores of the Mediterranean, has since 2008 fought three wars with neighbouring Israel.

It has been under blockade by the Jewish state for more than a decade, with the stated Israeli aim to prevent flows of arms and materials for building fortifications.

The Economic Strength of the Shi’a Horn (Daniel 8:8)

Iran, Iraq Set To Increase Trade Level To $20 Billion

Officials from Iran and Iraq have announced their readiness to increase the volume of trade between the two countries to $20 billion by developing economic cooperation.

The announcement comes as part of the visit of Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi to Iran. This is Al-Kadhimi’s first international trip after he assumed office in April 2020.

“The visit would be a turning point in the development of the Iranian-Iraqi relations as two friendly and brotherly countries,” Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani said on July 21 at a joint press conference in Tehran, according to a statement published to the president’s website.

“We are determined to increase the volume of exchanges between the two countries to $20 billion,” he added. 

Rouhani also focused on the implementation of the agreements inked during his visit to Baghdad in 2016. The President of the Islamic Republic of Iran believes that the two countries are determined to implement and operationalize all the topics raised in those agreements, including the connection of the Shalamcheh railway to Basra and dredging of the Arvandrud river. 

Al-Kadhimi, in turn, expressed his country’s hope that the existing agreements between the two countries would be implemented as soon as possible. 

He further added that Iraq would never allow any threat from its territory to Iran because the relations between the two countries go back hundreds of years and that the two nations “must support these long-standing relations.”

Iran’s value of products exported to neighboring Iraq between March 2019 and March 2020 stood at about $9 billion. Some five million tons of products, valued at $1.45 billion, were exported from Iran to Iraq in the first three months of the current year (from March 21 to June 20).

According to Hamid Zadboum, who chairs Iran’s Trade Promotion Organization, Iran’s goods makes up $10 billion of the total of $40 billion in Iraqi imports per annum.

On July 21, the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Khamenei, also met with the Iraqi prime minister. As part of the meeting Khamenei said Iran had never wanted and never would want to interfere in the internal affairs of Iraq.

“Iran is definitely opposed to anything that weakens the Iraqi government. Of course, the Americans’ outlook concerning Iraq is the exact opposite of ours due to the fact that the US is an enemy, in the true sense of the word. That is why it does not wish to see an independent, strong Iraq that enjoys a government formed on the basis of the people’s votes,” the official website of Khamenei quoted the Iranian Supreme Leader as saying.

The assassination of the top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al-Mohandes, the deputy commander of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Units by the U.S. drone strike on January 3 also came under the spotlight during the meeting with the Iraqi prime minister. 

Khamenei underlined that “they killed your guest in your home, and they blatantly confessed to this crime.”

“This is not a trivial matter. The Islamic Republic of Iran will never forget this, and it will definitely strike a reciprocal blow to the Americans,” he said.

Qassem Soleimani was the commander of the IRGC’s Quds Force, a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and covert operations, which have reportedly killed Americans in the Middle East, including U.S. troops in Iraq, through the use of its trained proxies.