The Reality of Catastrophic Nuclear War (Revelation 16)

Iran has announced it is reducing its reducing its compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal (Image: GETTY )

Iran news: Fears of catastrophic WAR surge after Iran snubs Trump over nuclear deal

FEARS are growing that tensions into the Middle East could explode into open warfare after Iran announced it is reducing its compliance with a 2015 nuclear deal, in a dramatic challenge to Donald Trump.

By JAMES BICKERTON

PUBLISHED: 03:21, Sun, Aug 4, 2019

UPDATED: 03:23, Sun, Aug 4, 2019

Iran also warns it could withdraw from the agreement, designed to stop it acquiring nuclear weapons, in its entirety. President Trump pulled the US out of the deal, made by President Obama, in May 2018. He claimed Iran had failed to honour the spirit of the agreement by developing ballistic missiles and funding terror groups.

However the other signatories to the treaty, including the UK, opposed the move and insisted Iran was in compliance.

Tensions with Iran have surged since May 2018, with a number of attacks on oil tankers being blamed on the Iranian regime.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the country had reduced its compliance with the agreement, and may withdraw out entirely unless other world powers do more to protect its economy.

He commented: “The third step in reducing commitments to the nuclear deal will be implemented in the current situation.

Donald Trump withdrew the US from the Iran nuclear deal in May 2018 (Image: GETTY )

“We have said that if the deal is not completely implemented by others then we will also implement it in the same incomplete manner.

“And of course all of our actions have been within the framework of the deal.”

After withdrawing from the nuclear agreement the US reimposed sanctions on Iran, damaging its economy.

However the other signatories to the agreement, France, Britain, Germany, Russia, China and the EU, have angered Trump by continuing to support it.

A number of oil tankers have been attacked in the Persian Gulf over the last few months (Image: GETTY )

Over the past few months a number of tankers have been attacked with explosive devices whilst passing through the Persian Gulf, which the US blames on Iran.

However Tehran has consistently denied the claims and said the incidents had nothing to do with them.

Last month forces from Iran’s Revolutionary Guard seized Stena Impero, a UK register oil tanker.

This was in response to British Royal Marines and police detaining an Iranian tanker off Gibraltar, which the Government claimed was going to violate EU sanctions by heading to Syria.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s