Gang Bangers Prepare for War with Iran

Zarif: Same ‚gang‘ from 2003 Iraq war pushing for war with Iran

The same “gang” behind the 2003 Iraq war are pushing for war with Iran, the Islamic Republic’s Foreign Minister said in an exclusive interview with NBC News on Friday.

„I’m not saying President Trump’s administration, I’m saying people in President Trump’s administration are trying to create the same eventuality and I believe they will fail,“ Mohammad Javad Zarif said.

Zarif accused the United States of having a „pathological obsession“ with Iran while warning it would be “suicidal” for Washington and its allies to start a war with his country.  

„People will find out that it’s suicidal to engage in a war with Iran,“ he said, adding that he hoped some “sense would prevail”.

The Iranian Foreign Minister also commented on the Warsaw summit earlier this week, where the US, Israel and Arab states focused on countering Iran’s regional behavior, which they consider “aggressive”.

The meeting was a „huge failure“, Zarif said, because it showed how „totally, totally isolated in the world“ the U.S. has become over Iran.

Although most of the participants in the Warsaw summit regard aspects of Iran’s foreign policy troubling, such as the country’s ballistic missile program, a deep rift remains over the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran.

US President Donald Trump withdrew from the 2015 deal in May last year and reimposed sanctions on Iran.

Germany, France and Britain, which are all signatories to the 2015 nuclear deal, remain committed to saving the accord.

Janek SKARZYNSKI (AFP)

US Vice President Mike Pence took direct aim at allies Britain, France and Germany, at the Warsaw summit, denouncing their new initiative to let European companies operate in Iran in defiance of unilateral US sanctions.

„It’s an ill-advised step that will only strengthen Iran, weaken the EU and creates still more distance between Europe and the United States,“ he said.

„The time has come for our European partners to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal and join with us,“ he said.

Zarif dismissed the possibility of renegotiating a nuclear deal with the US after it withdrew from the 2015 deal, saying it was a complex and comprehensive deal.

„The nuclear deal was the result of 13 years of negotiations. We produced not the two-page document that President Trump signed with the chairman of North Korea but a 150-page document,“ Zarif said.

Janek SKARZYNSKI (AFP)

The appeal by Pence for Europeans to withdraw from the Iranian nuclear deal and isolate Tehran was rejected by Germany and the EU on Friday.

Foreign Minister Heiko Maas defended the 2015 agreement under which Iran drastically scaled back its nuclear programme in return for sanctions relief.

EU diplomatic chief Federica Mogherini said the bloc was determined to preserve the „full implementation“ of the deal, saying it was vital to European security.

„Together with the Brits, French and the entire EU we have found ways to keep Iran in the nuclear agreement until today,“ Maas told the Munich Security Conference.

Maas said that „our goal remains an Iran without nuclear weapons, precisely because we see clearly how Iran is destabilizing the region“.

Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:

WordPress.com-Logo

Du kommentierst mit Deinem WordPress.com-Konto. Abmelden /  Ändern )

Google Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Google-Konto. Abmelden /  Ändern )

Twitter-Bild

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden /  Ändern )

Facebook-Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden /  Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s