By Esat Firat
Mahmoud Yousef Nakhleh, 18, and Mohammad Nahla, 16, were killed by Israeli troops during a demonstration near the Al-Jalazone refugee camp, north of Ramallah, said a ministry statement.
Both victims were shot in the abdomen with live ammunition and died from wounds at the Ramallah medical center.
Also according to the ministry, five other Palestinians sustained gunshot injuries in various parts of the occupied West Bank on Friday, while dozens of others suffered the ill effects of teargas.
West Bank Palestinians stage demonstrations each Friday to protest Israeli settlement expansion and Israel’s massive “separation barrier,” which snakes through the occupied territory, isolating many small Palestinian communities.
Meanwhile in Gaza, on Friday evening, Israeli forces wounded 120 Palestinian civilians, including 11 children, 1 woman and 2 paramedics in the peaceful demonstrations in the eastern Gaza Strip despite the decreasing intensity of the demonstrations there for the sixth week consecutively and absence of most means usually used during the demonstrations since the beginning of the Return and Breaking the Siege March 8 months ago.
According to observations by PCHR’s fieldworkers, for the seventh week since the beginning of the Return March on 30 March 2018, the demonstrators abstained from burning tires while the attempts to cross the border fence and throw stones and incendiary balloons were completely absent.
Meanwhile in West Bank and East Jerusalem, the Israeli army has detained roughly 100 Palestinians since dawn Thursday, the Palestinian Prisoners’ Association said in a Friday statement.
According to the NGO, the latest spate of arrests included two members of the Palestinian Legislative Council, Palestine’s long-moribund parliament.
The association went on to assert that the Israeli army’s latest arrest campaign had seen numerous Palestinian homes ransacked.
On Thursday, two Israelis were killed — and two others injured — in a drive-by shooting near the West Bank city of Ramallah.
Following the incident, the Israeli army launched a manhunt for the alleged Palestinian assailant, who reportedly fled the scene in the wake of the attack.
Residents of the area told Anadolu Agency earlier that two Palestinians in a car had opened fire on a group of Jewish settlers.
There has been no claim of responsibility for the attack, but the Israeli army has since closed all entrances into Ramallah and ordered all forces in the area to remain on standby.
According to local media reports, Jewish settlers vandalized several Palestinian vehicles and homes in the village of Netin east of Ramallah after the attack.
Notably, Thursday’s attack occurred hours after three Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces for their alleged involvement in an earlier West Bank shooting attack that left two Israelis dead and nine others injured.
According to Israeli media reports, Israeli forces on Thursday killed a fourth Palestinian man in the occupied West Bank after he allegedly tried to ram his vehicle into a group of Israeli soldiers in the city of Hebron (Al-Khalil).
Additional report from imemc.org
[Photo: An injured Palestinian demonstrator is being carried away after Israeli forces’ intervention in a “Great March of Return” demonstration near Al Bureij Refugee Camp on the Gaza-Israel border, in Gaza City, Gaza on November 30, 2018. Photographer: Hassan Jedi/AA]